Saturday, May 30, 2009

Animal Farm Q7.:)

Are there any settings in this novel that you have found to be beautiful? Or disturbing? Or memorable? Describe these settings and comment on why they were meaningful to you.

The main setting of the whole novel was taken in the animal farm. At first, when I heard the book “Animal Farm”, I imagined the book to be about cute cuddly animals. But as I read more and got more in depth with the storyline, I realized that the setting of the animal farm symbolizes something else than the actual farm. It symbolizes a country being under control of a leader. This is meaningful because we need to realize that power has an effect on everyone. The farm itself held a lot of animals which can relate to a country or any kind of human society. The farm might have started as a hopeful place but as time past, and as more Napoleon got the attention with his power, the farm changed in to a new place. A new place that can be looked in the point of view of it being a “communist”, “capitalist” or “socialist”.

No comments:

Post a Comment