5. What is the mood of this novel? Do you find this novel saddens you in any way? Why?
The mood of this novel, Animal Farm was overly dull. The story itself was interesting but there was no actual mood of it being happy or enjoyable. In the first chapter, old major shares the dream he had which leads to the goal of their lives in the animal farm. However, after he dies, everything is changed and every animal is changed through Napoleons power. Not only do they become more self-centered, they risk others lives to gain more power. No one could have guessed in the first chapter that the whole mood of “hope” was going to be changed by a simple temptation of power. I think in some ways, this novel saddens me. It made me realize that I sometimes use the power I have in a bad way. The power itself might not be big as what Napoleon had but I still should take good responsibility for all my acts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree!!!!!!
ReplyDeletei also think that the mood of this this novel was dull, i didn't think of that until i read your answer. i think you have a thorough comment on what the mood of this story is.:)
Even though i did not read this book, i feel you. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ From reading your post, i feel that this book is a very dull novel. Good job on reflecting on what you felt when you read the book and your opinions. GOOD JOB JAMIEE
ReplyDeletei agree with the mood being dull even though it had animals in it. the animals dont really talk about what they should talk about but talk about social problems. goodjob
ReplyDelete